python gui using boa

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Nov 23 03:22:29 EST 2005

Ashok wrote:
> hi,
> i am trying to develop a small gui app using boa constructor. say this
> app has one frame which has one static text control. i want the frame
> to resize itself to the width of the text contrl when i change the
> label of the text control via SetLabel(). how can i do this in boa
> constructor?
>
> can anybody guide me to a good source for learning the use of sizers in
> boa?

Sizers are a tricky topic, and there doesn't appear to be much that's
specific to Boa. You could take a look in the wxPython wiki at

   http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/UsingSizers

but whether this will help you with Boa I'm not sure. I have tried Glade
and Boa as well as Python Card, and all I can really say is that I found
it worth spending the money to *buy* wxDesigner. It's not a perfect
product, but it fits my brain. Sorry if this isn't an option for you.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119