Any royal road to Bezier curves...?

Tom Anderson twic at urchin.earth.li
Mon Nov 21 18:25:58 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Tom Anderson wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Warren Francis wrote:
>
>> Basically, I'd like to specify a curved path of an object through space. 3D
>> space would be wonderful, but I could jimmy-rig something if I could just
>> get 2D...  Are bezier curves really what I want after all?
>
> No. You want a natural cubic spline:

In a fit of code fury (a short fit - this is python, so it didn't take
long), i ported my old java code to python, and tidied it up a bit in the
process:

http://urchin.earth.li/~twic/splines.py

That gives you a natural cubic spline, plus my blended quadratic spline,
and a framework for implementing other kinds of splines.

tom

--
Gin makes a man mean; let's booze up and riot!