Application monitor

Daniel Crespo dcrespo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 08:09:17 EST 2005

Many thanks for your answers.

Respect Init, I need a cross platform solution. Most of times my system
will run in Win98 and XP (more on XP than 98)

Respect Twisted... Mmm... I already started with another networking
library (TCPServer and SimpleXMLRPCServer), and I wouldn't like to mix
things because I don't know so much about those libraries. I know that
Twisted can do what I already have. But replacing it can be a hard
task. So I would like to have a function like FindPID(exename) --> PID,
or something more generic that could tell me the PID of a running
program, and kill him in a certain moment.

Daniel