Web-based client code execution

Paul Watson pwatson at redlinepy.com
Fri Nov 18 14:14:19 EST 2005

What are the options?

The user to hits a web page, downloads code (Python I hope), execute it,
and be able to return the results.  It needs to be able to go through
standard HTTP so that it could be run from behind a corporate firewall
without any other ports being opened.

Am I stuck doing an ActiveX control?

Yes, I know that downloading code and executing on the client machine is
a security risk.  This will be for the employee's computers to connect.
  This will not be a publicly available web page.

I have read some about AJAX.  Is there an APAX coming for Python?