XML processing

NavyJay gaudetteje at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:18:08 EST 2005

I haven't used PyXML extensively, but I have used parts of the Amara
XML Toolkit (http://uche.ogbuji.net/uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4suite/amara/)
and recommend it for elegance.  I can't say, however, which tool is
faster.  There are many other XML modules that people have written for
Python.  Do your research and pick the best one for you.

On a side note, XML has historically been a poor solution for most of
the cases I've seen it used.  You should seriously rethink whether you
"need to do some XML programming" and consider simpler options.  In
most simple cases, a primitive text parser with a delimited format is
your best bet.  You would know best, but this is my 2 cents.