Problem printing in Win98

Maravilloso maravilloso at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 03:09:27 EST 2005

Hi

I'm trying to automatically send a postscript file to be printed to the
default printer in a Win98 PC, by means of using the instrucction:

  win32api.ShellExecute (0, "print", "file.ps", None, ".", 0)

but it raises an exception with the message:

  error: (31, 'ShellExecute', 'A device attached to the system is not
functioning.')

Curiously, that instruction does works on Win2K/XP, but trying to use
this shortcut for easy printing in Win98 provokes such error. I've
tried in different machines (all of them running with Win98) and I
obtain the same output.

Does anybody knows what happens with Win98 printing automation?
Any idea?

Thanks in advance