How to paste python code on wordpress?

Dan Lowe dan at tangledhelix.com
Mon Nov 21 21:10:56 EST 2005

On Nov 21, 2005, at 8:17 PM, could ildg wrote:

> Wordpress.com blog will eat up the spaces before a line,
> just as it will trim every line of my article. So I can't paste
> python code indentedly.
> Does any one use wordpress blog here?
> Please tell me how to leave the sapces as they are when publishing
> ariticles on the blog,

You can enclose the code in a PRE block, like this:

<pre>
def foobar():
     print "abc"
     if x == 3:
         print "def"
     print "ghi"
</pre>

If you don't care for how it renders in a browser, hack your CSS to
make PRE render in a way you like.

  -dan

--
Well sure the government lies, and the press lies, but in a democracy
they aren't the same lies.            -Alexis A. Gilliland