GMPY: divm() memory leak revisited

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Sat Nov 5 23:11:23 EST 2005

mensanator at aol.com <mensanator at aol.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't have any means of testing this theory.

Yep -- I reproduced the memory leak you mentioned, and easily fixed it
(exactly as you suggest) in the current CVS version of gmpy (meant to be
"1.01 release candidate").  I need to fix some other pending bugs, then
remind myself of how the (expl.del) one makes a release on Sourceforge,
then it shd be fine (except for Windows -- I have no Windows development
system around to do anything... Mac and Linux only).

One of the bugs I must still get around to examining is the algorithmic
one you mention in your next post, btw.

Thanks for your diagnostic and debugging help.  BTW, should you wish to
mail me privately, I'm "aleaxit" (my favourite userid, with or w/o the
trailing "it" depending on service -- see www.aleax.com to understand
why that is the case), and the best way to reach me these days is
through "gmail.com" .

Alex