gmpy 1.01 rc near... anybody wanna test>

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Mon Nov 7 10:54:31 EST 2005

Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> I tried compiling it with the MS free toolkit but the C compile
> complains about the absence of "gmp.h". Since I see such a header in my
> Cygwin installation I presume it's something that a full VC7
> installation could expect to be present.

gmp.h is the header of GMP, the GNU library that gmpy wraps.  It appears
to be preinstalled on Cygwin, from what you mention, but I'm pretty sure
Microsoft doesn't preinstall GPL-covered libraries from GNU with THEIR
stuff... a suitable Windows version need to be procured and installed in
some other way (having no Windows around I'm hard put to suggest what is
the best way to do this these days).

> So I'm afraid you might need someone with access to VC to test this on
> Windows for you, sorry.

Tx for the attempt, but I don't think VC per se will suffice -- somebody
needs to build or find a suitable version of GMP for Windows, too.

Alex