wxGrid and Focus Event

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Tue Nov 29 21:10:03 EST 2005

Bugs wrote:
> So Paul, are you saying there's a bug with the wxGrid control and if so,

Yes, I think it is a bug.

> do you know if there's been a bug-report submitted to the wxWidgets
> and/or wxPython folks?

I don't know, but I've been meaning to check.

> Or is this just the way the wxGrid control works?
> Thanks!

wxPython/wxWidgets, like any GUI toolkit, is pretty complex. For the most part
all the commonly-needed things work just fine - it is when you venture into the
less-used things that you get into trouble.

If I filed a proper bug report for everything wrong with wxPython/wxWidgets, I'd
probably not get anything else done. But on the other hand you couldn't force me
to stop using wxPython if you tried!

--
Paul McNett
http://paulmcnett.com