finding and accessing multiple documentation sources

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Nov 6 08:14:56 EST 2005

jmdeschamps at gmail.com wrote:

> This actually brings us back to the jest of F. previous post, that
> documentation is question of multiple source reference, and yes that
> you have to work the field (Google search, newgroups, cookbooks,
> source-code, et al) a little bit to get some information.

while I don't care much about the "since I don't understand the
reference manual, I demand that some experts should rewrite it
for me, for free" line of reasoning, I still think it would be a good
idea to make it easier to navigate the existing material.  I wrote
about this back in may:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-May/280751.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-May/280755.html
http://effbot.org/zone/idea-seealso.htm

but, iirc, only got "wikis rulez" and "enough with that comp.sci crap"

> In time, one goes from newbie to casual-user, to regular-user and
> createds his own setof useful references ...

exactly.

</F>