Python as Guido Intended

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Nov 25 06:16:31 EST 2005

Ben Sizer wrote:

> The problem you get, is that the only people who are ever likely to
> need to ask questions, are those who don't fully understand Python, by
> definition.

really?  I'd say that most people that ask questions on comp.lang.python
do understand Python pretty well, and just needs help with some esoteric
detail, or some part of a library that they haven't used before.  And the
most common response is "oh, that's cool.  thanks".  The "I'm personally
offended by the very design of the feature you just pointed me to" kind of
person is not very common; most people don't have that kind of ego pro-
blem, and even those who do usually don't have time for that kind of crap.

Fact is, most people see Python as a tool, use it where it fits, and focus on
the problems they need the tool for.

And yes, most Python users never gets anywhere near comp.lang.python.

</F>