Python and PL/SQL

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Mon Nov 7 10:25:12 EST 2005

vb_bv wrote:
> Thanks for your answers.
> I would like to document with Python PL/SQL of programs, so similarly
> as javadoc for Java.
> I do not know whether it is possible. If yes, I would like to know how.

Is it possible - yes. Has it been done? I doubt it. You can fetch the
sourcecode of oracle packages through sql-statements (google for how to
do it), and then process it with whatever tool you like. But you will
have to write your own parser and generator for that, pydoc or epydoc
won't be of much use here. However, implementing such a thingy in
python is certainly a good idea.

Diez