syntax errors while building pypgsql

Tin Gherdanarra tinman31337 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:01:31 EST 2005

Hallo,

I'm trying to install pypgsql. However, I get syntax errors
while compiling the C sources. The following excerpt
from pgconnection.h looks a little funny to me:

typedef struct {
     PyObject_HEAD /* Here is the syntax error, and rightly so */
     PGconn *conn;
     PyObject *host;
     PyObject *port;
     PyObject *db;
     PyObject *options;
     PyObject *tty;
     PyObject *user;
     PyObject *pass;
     PyObject *bePID;
     PyObject *socket;
     PyObject *version;
     PyObject *notices;
     PyObject *cinfo;
     int showQuery;
} PgConnection;

I don't know what PyObject_HEAD or PGconn is,
but if they are types, a syntax error is justified here:

     PyObject_HEAD /* Here is the syntax error */
     PGconn *conn;

The setup.py-settings look good to me, I use debian sarge stable.
Installation of PostgreSQL ran without any problems.