python server

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Tue Nov 8 03:25:42 EST 2005

linuxpld wrote:
> I`m writing a program (server in future) in python.
> I would like to write it in such a way that I will be able to write gui
> in any language and connect to my python program and use functionality
> included with it.
> are there any libraries that I could use?

Thee are many solutions. An XML-RPC server springs to mind as a
solution. There are several Python XML-RPC servers, and clients
for a wide range of languages, see:
http://xmlrpc.scripting.com/directory/1568/implementations

Plain sockets can work of course, but that's fairly low
level: You'll need to device a protocol etc.

For more possible solutions, see
http://www.thinkware.se/cgi-bin/thinki.cgi/UsingPythonWithOtherLanguages