return in loop for ?

Paul Rubin http
Mon Nov 28 18:20:53 EST 2005

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> writes:
> I don't know what the state of the art is, but I suspect it
> will be a long, long time before it is as easy as running "import
> mymodule; verify(mymodule)".

Some pretty significant pieces of software have been formally verified
to meet their formal specifications.  The trouble with
"verify(mymodule)" is that usually means something closer to "verify
that mymodule does what I hope it does".  The computer does not yet
have a telepathy peripheral that can read your mind and figure out
what you are hoping, and people's attempts to express formally what
they are hoping are easily wrong just like programs are often wrong.