Zope vs Php

bruno at modulix onurb at xiludom.gro
Fri Nov 18 11:31:52 EST 2005

Steve wrote:
> I am going to go the mod_python route.
>
> as for why a person would go route one over route 2
>
> is that the number of lines of html/output vs python code are usually
> 10 to 1 and it's much easier to encapsulate the python code than to
> quote and escape all the html/css/xml
>

> <%
> #python code
> %>
> <title> some title</title>
>
> and
>
> print output(python-code) + "<title> some title</title>".
>
> are equivalent.

Yes, but this was *not* what I suggested.

There are a lot of HTML templating languages for Python, some being more
or less PHP-like (PSP, Cheetah, ...), some being way more
presentation-oriented (TAL, Kid, ...). I prefer the second category. I
share your opinion about html in code, but I also dislike code in html...

--
bruno desthuilliers