Python and MySQL

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:39:10 EST 2005

[Aquarius]
> I appologize in advance for this strange (and possibly stupid)
> question.
>
> I want to know if there is a way to interface a MySQL database without
> Python-MySQL or without installing anything that has C files that need
> to be compiled. The reason for this, is that I want to develop a
> certain web application, but my hosting provider (!#@$!@#%) isn't very
> eager to supply Python-MySQL (or any modules to python). Is there an
> alternative approach I could use to pass around this ridiculos lack of
> functionality?

Possibly not want you want to hear, but I'd strongly recommend to stop
wasting your time with a hosting company that doesn't support the
technologies you need.

Instead, try a hosting company that supports python: there are lots and lots

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonHosting

Life's too short to spend your time hacking around artificial barriers
to progress.

--
alan kennedy