PyExcelerator - mishandling of formulas?

Marco Aschwanden PPNTWIMBXFFC at spammotel.com
Wed Nov 16 02:24:20 EST 2005

Hi,

Yesterday I placed a bug report on PyExcelerators-Sourceforge-page... but
I am not so sure anymore, whether this is really a bug - I could imagine
that I missed something, but I don't see what. Please confirm that my bug
is due to mishandling and I will gladly retreat my bug report.

In a formula, I would like to point to a field on another worksheet.
pyExcelerator chokes on these references!

<example>

import pyExcelerator

wb = pyExcelerator.Workbook()
ws_summary = wb.add_sheet('Summary')
ws_data = wb.add_sheet('Data')

ws_summary.write(0,0, pyExcelerator.Formula('Data:A1')) <--- Here it
chokes!
ws_data.write(0, 0, '4000')

wb.save('not_parsing.xls')

</example>

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Marco