Reinvent no more forever

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sat Nov 19 04:02:11 EST 2005

ismaelgfk at gmail.com wrote:
> Ben Finney wrote:
> > How do we deal with the rampant proliferation of a zillion
> > implementations of some standard idiom in PyPI?
>
> How about some kind of "mega util" package? One big package with all
> those recurring reinventions. If it gets popular enough, I'm sure it
> could stop so much reinvention.

No, you'd just ensure there would be several, competing, incompatible
"mega util" packages. Plus, you'd have the additional problem of
depending on a big, low-coherence package for one or two idioms within
it.

    <URL:http://wiki.python.org/moin/>

--
 \       "As the most participatory form of mass speech yet developed, |
  `\    the Internet deserves the highest protection from governmental |