How to enable bash mode at the interative mode?

Anthony Liu antonyliu2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 19:29:23 EST 2005

Hi, thanks.

Look what I have:

$ python
Python 2.4.2 (#1, Nov 20 2005, 13:03:38)
[GCC 3.3.1 (Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-2mdk)] on linux2

Yes, I realize that I don't have readline module
available.

The same Mandrake system has Python 2.3 as well, and
it has the readline module.

I don't know how to install the readline module.  I
tried what was suggested from the newsgroup, but got
an error at make:

make: *** [Modules/readline.o] Error 1

Thanks

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/fb8c2fd9eed0d/736fac8c33e84d0c?lnk=st&q=python+%22upper+arrow%22&rnum=2&hl=en#736fac8c33e84d0c