IDLE question

bobueland at yahoo.com bobueland at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 05:03:08 EST 2005

Okey I tried what you recommended

My C:\Python24\sitecustomize.py looks like this:

# sitecustomize.py
import os
from btools import *

When I enter
C:\Python24>C:\Python24\pythonw.exe C:\Python24\Lib\idlelib\idle.py -r
C:\Python24\sitecustomize.py

in commad propmt IDLE starts up and automatically imports 'os' and all
names from my btools folder. So far so good. But when I hit Ctrl+F6 and
restart Python Shell both 'os' and names from btools are gone!

When I work with IDLE I typically start a new file (File/New Window)
and when I have written the code I hit (Ctrl+S) to Save and F5 to run.
This restarts Python Shell and my names from btools are gone. It's no
solution if I'm forced to go back to command prompt and enter the long
sequance again.

Bob