Addressing the last element of a list

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Tue Nov 15 12:23:08 EST 2005

On 15 Nov 2005 08:51:59 GMT, Antoon Pardon <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> wrote:

>Op 2005-11-14, Bengt Richter schreef <bokr at oz.net>:
[...]
>> You may be interested in reviewing
>>
>>     http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/f96b496b6ef14e2/32d3539e928986b3
>>
>> before continuing this topic ;-)
>
>It is a rather long thread. You want to avoid this one becomes of
>comparable length?
Not necessarily. I just thought it might help in making new discussions
of previously discussed ideas clearer faster ;-)

Sometimes rehashing old topics seems just tedious, but sometimes someone
has a hunch that they are struggling to express, and they haven't yet succeeded
in communicating its essence. Then old discussions can sometimes serve
like first drafts of a speech, and revisions can prevent repeat of misunderstandings
that in the archived discussions one can see were inevitable.

If the nascent idea comes out viable, we all benefit, and the tedium will have been
worth it. If not, well, then at least some ideas will have clearer form, and
the whole process will have been a social event that some will have enjoyed anyway ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter