best way to discover this process's current memory usage, cross-platform?

Serge Orlov Serge.Orlov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 03:44:39 EST 2005

Jack Diederich wrote:
> Electric Fence[1] uses the LD_PRELOAD method.  I've successfully used it to
> track down leaks in a python C extension.  If you look at the setup.py in
> probstat[2] you'll see
>   #libraries = ["efence"] # uncomment to use ElectricFence
> which is a holdover from developing.

I've also successfully used Electric Fence many years ago to track down
leaks in a C/Linux program. Since that time Electric Fence has been
forked into DUMA project http://duma.sourceforge.net/ and was ported to
windows, perhaps it has become cross-platform? I've never tried it on
anything besides Linux.