Subprocess.Popen - passing args help

Ernesto erniedude at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:28:33 EST 2005

I'm trying to use Popen to do some command line work Windows XP style.
I have devcon.exe which I would use on a Windows command line like so:

devcon disable "@USB\VID_05E3&PID_0605\5&2CE74B9E&1&6"

Using subprocess.Popen, I have something like this:

subprocess.Popen([r"devcon.exe","disable",'"USB\VID_05E3&PID_0605\5&2CE74B9E&1&6"']).wait();

For some reason, the parameters are not getting passed to devcon
correctly.  Devcon executes, but doesn't behave the same way it does if
I type in the command above at a Win Prompt.  Any clues as to how to
pass these parameters?  Thanks,