sqlite utf8 encoding error

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Thu Nov 17 07:39:02 EST 2005

Greg Miller enlightened us with:
> 'Keinen Text für Übereinstimmungsfehler gefunden'

You posted it as "Keinen Text f<FC>r ...", which is Latin-1, not
UTF-8.

> I thought that all strings were stored in unicode in sqlite.

Only if you put them into the DB as such. Make sure you're inserting
UTF-8 text, since the DB won't do character conversion for you.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa