strange behaviour when writing a large amount of data on stdout

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Nov 23 12:21:45 EST 2005

Manlio Perillo wrote:

> So, it's seem to be a specific problem of Windows XP(?).
>
> Nobody can test it on a Windows 98/2000 machine?

works fine on assorted XP and 2000 boxes for me.

is the "n = 61409 + 1" stuff necessary, or do you get the same
problem for all outputs over a given size ?  even if you just do,
say,

    print '*'*61410

?  does print '*'*61409 work?  is it always the same number, or
does it vary depending on, say, what other programs you're using,
how much you've already printed to the console, etc.  are you
using a standard cmd.exe in a standard console?  no cygwin or
other oddities?

</F>