Abstract Base Classes

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEMEcyber.com.au
Mon Nov 14 02:05:32 EST 2005

Ben Finney wrote:
> Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>
>>I want my modules to (sometimes) define an abstract base exception
>>class, that all other exceptions in that module inherit from.
>

> [re-posting with the implementation properly foo-ified]

Isn't the proper Python idiom to use Monty Python
concepts, e.g. spam, vikings, parrots, after dinner
mints (wafer thin or otherwise), gumby, etc.?

As well as being Pythonic, it annoys the Lisp, Perl and
C developers even more than ... sarcasm.

*wink*

> Not a whole lot of feedback on this, so here's the implementation I
> decided upon.

[snip]

Seems good to me.

--