Python obfuscation

Timothy Smith timothy at open-networks.net
Thu Nov 10 16:54:23 EST 2005

> Reliability is
>important but so is protecting your code in an effective manner

there is no way to prevent people disassembling your code compiled or
otherwise. once you give then the program they can easily take it apart.
no if's, no but's; do NOT rely on binary's for security.

>the big software companies might say 'trusted computing will save us'
>but I for one will never truly trust it.

trusted computing it about your computer not trusting YOU. the computer
you pay for will decied based on some other company's whim's what you
are and are not allowed to do.

>Perhaps a comprehensive protection for interpreted languages can never
>be built because of their high level nature?

i repeat. there is no such thing as protected code. i've seen people de
construct exe's written in C.