Looking for small, impressive 3D-related Python script

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:01:52 EST 2005

Kenneth McDonald wrote:
> I'm not trying to persuade my company to offer Python as a scripting
> language for their product, but I am trying to give them examples of
> things that Python can do easily that cannot be done easily with
> their current proprietary scripting language. After that it would be
> their decision. As the product is a 3D package, I'm looking for
> something in this field.

It sounds like the best analogy to use would be Blender. It's a 3D
modeller that uses Python as its scripting language instead of a
proprietary one. Your best bet might be to trawl through the various
Python scripts that people have written for Blender to find something
impressive.

  http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Python_Scripts.3.0.html

Oh look, L-systems:

  http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/images/lsystem/lsystem.htm