where to download md5.py?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Nov 2 12:59:28 EST 2005

"Bell, Kevin" wrote:

> I've been looking around, but haven't found a place to download the
> md5.py module.  I need it to run the dupinator.py

md5 is a standard Python module (written in C).  it's been in Python since
the early ages, so if you don't have it, your install is most likely broken (per-
haps intentionally, based on this: http://eprint.iacr.org/2004/199 )

if the dupinator you're talking about is this script:

    http://svn.red-bean.com/bbum/trunk/hacques/dupinator.py

you can probably make it work by replacing all references to the "md5"
module with "sha".  (if that module isn't available either, it's time to talk
to your system administrators)

</F>