Needed class whose instances are many test cases

Chris Smith smitty_one_each at bigfoot.com
Fri Nov 11 03:37:19 EST 2005

    Sumit> I have scinario like I have to Create resource(in
    Sumit> __init__()) Before Running a set of testcases and then In
    Sumit> Testcases resources are going to used and then It will
    Sumit> cleared off after Running the testcases by destructor
    Sumit> __del__() import unittest import time

    Sumit> class app_adminfunc(unittest.TestCase):

    Sumit>     def __init__(self, method = 'runTests'):
    Sumit> unittest.TestCase.__init__(self, method)
    Sumit> #------------Resource Creation --------

    Sumit>     def __del__(self): #--------------Resource
    Sumit> Deletion -----------------

    Sumit>    def test01----- def test02----- .......  ....

    Sumit> But in this above code Problem is that __init__() called at
    Sumit> each time when the Testcase is run ,But i want Single time
    Sumit> run of the Init Prior to run of each tests inside the class
    Sumit> .  Can Anybody help me on this ?

The unittest module runs a setUp and tearDown before each test case.
If that is too high-frequency, why not just do something like

class app_adminfunc(unittest.TestCase):
    def setUp(self): pass
    def tearDown(self): pass
    def allYourTestCase(self):
        def test01(): pass
        def test02(): pass

since python is so mellow about nesting functions and classes and
such.

HTH,
Chris