pylab: plot update

Jan Wienhausen Jan.Wienhausen at Physnet.uni-hamburg.de
Wed May 11 10:29:01 EDT 2005

Hi,
I need to do a plot of data that is beeing acuired. For that the plot
needs to be updated after aquiering a new tuple.
At the moment I allways do this after a new tuple is aqcuired:

	plot(ar[0,i-1:i],br[1,i-1:i],'ro')
	show()
#ar is arrays were the new tuple is put in position [0,i] and [1,i]

After that i call sleep(5) until I can acuire the next tuple.
But during that I can't use the zoom/pan, save etc in the window.

Moreover the first time I call plot and show the first point is drawn
correctly but I have to close the window otherwise the program does not
run any further. But after closing the window ones it runs without any
problems.

Is there any better way to do this easily?

Thanks,
Jan