New Python regex Doc

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat May 7 21:29:48 EDT 2005

Ron Adam rote:
> I suppose that if you respectfully offer something even a little better
> it would be respectfully accepted, after due review of course.  You will
> probably even get many helpful suggestions along they way because you
> will have created a situation where every one wins.

Remarkably, and because of the special nature of this newsgroup, Ron is
right: "something even a little better" would be respectfully accepted,
in spite of the incredibly anti-social nature of nearly all of Xah' past
postings here.

In the (unlikely, IMHO) event that Xah can change, and wants to submit
something "even a little better", here are a few suggestions:

1. Use a spell checker.

2. Use a grammar checker.  Many people can get away without this tool,
but pretty clearly Xah cannot.

3. Realize that posting partial improvements to this newsgroup will not
really help anyone, unless you are explicitly soliciting feedback on the
wording or structure with the intent of submitting the changes via the
proper channels at a later time.

4. Clean up all loose ends, including removing comments of the sort "to
be rewritten later", and "still needs work" and such.  Somebody has to
do the work; if you leave it undone, the changes are unlikely to be
accepted.

-Peter