Python on a public library computer

Anton Vredegoor anton.vredegoor at gmail.com
Tue May 17 07:51:05 EDT 2005

Timothy Smith wrote:

> how locked down is the computer? there's a few (brave) public access
> unix shell providers out there. if you could run telnet you could use
them

Sorry, no telnet. Every executable that is not listed is blocked. For
example I can download:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scintilla/Sc1.exe

but if I run it I get two error messages:

a) a 15 seconds "appguard" message

b} 'access to the specified device, path or file is denied'

Maybe some shell provider is a good idea, however I still think I
should make a cherrypy form of 24 lines or so and run it over there and
simulate a python interpreter on a webpage which I can access from
here. Has this been tried before?

How can I use cookies to identify interpreter sessions?

Anton

'webpython_3000_server_at_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_>>>            '