PAM authentication?

Diez Roggisch deets at web.de
Tue May 24 17:11:30 EDT 2005

Gary Wilson Jr wrote:
> I would like my application to be able to authenticate through PAM. Is
> there any code out there that implements this? All I could find was PyPAM
> (http://www.pangalactic.org/PyPAM/), which doesn't look like it has been
> touched in almost 6 years and requires python1.5.

You can still use it. However what I don't like about it is that you
need to run  as root to actually use PAM. Otherwise the process can only
authenticate its (effective?) user.

So I switched to LDAP - and would like to see sasld being supported, but
so far it's not wrapped I haven't found the time to do it myself.

Diez