first release of PyPy

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Fri May 20 18:50:07 EDT 2005

holger krekel wrote:
> Welcome to PyPy 0.6
> --------------------
>
> *The PyPy Development Team is happy to announce the first
> public release of PyPy after two years of spare-time and
> half a year of EU funded development.  The 0.6 release
> is eminently a preview release.*

Congratulation to You and Your team!

PyPy is really awesome and if it succeeds in speed demands after the
translation phase I believe that the project will shift the power
within the Python community on the long run. There are moments I'm
almost shocked about it and think about the fate of other programming
programming languages like LISP. PyPy can be resolved to "Python in
Python" but also "Python multiplied/powered by itself" which is much
more triumphant. A short review of the 'thunks' objspace example gives
me the impression that the language development process as we know it
comes to an end and makes a kind of transition. This is both very
exciting and dangerous, like every philosophical event.

Regards,
Kay