Python features

André Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Sun May 8 04:02:42 EDT 2005

waqer at yahoo.com wrote:
> To which degree python language support features of following langauage
> categories?
>
> Imperative, Object Oriented, Scriptig or Functional.

Sounds like a homework assignment to me....  How about your do some
research on your own, like the following:

google for "python" and "functional"; first link:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-prog.html

google for "python" and "imperative"; 10th link:
http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=programming%20languages

Quoting from that link:
There are three main types of programming languages.

     * Imperative
     * Functional
     * Declarative

Imperative programming languages are the most commonly used languages.
Examples of this type of language are C, C++, Ada, Fortran, Algol, Java,
Python, Perl, and so on. Programming in an imperative language is
generally easier than in functional or declarative languages since it
involves a more linear process of solving problems. These languages have
been evolving more and more toward the object-oriented paradigm.

====
etc.

Python is Object Oriented and is described most often as scripting
language.  (search left as an exercise).

Time required to find these links: about two minutes!

Total time spent by the thousands of people that will read your message
and this reply: say 1 minute * 1200 person / 60 (minutes/hour) = 20
person-hour....

André