wxpython on cygwin for drPython - ImportError: No module named _core_

Guenter Dannoritzer dan_nospam_noritzer at web.de
Tue May 3 12:04:52 EDT 2005

Stephane Roy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did someone installed and used successfully drPython on Cygwin? The
> installation requires
> wxpython. I tried many different alternatives (source, binary, etc) but so
> far the best I get is the following.

This might not be a direct help either, but have you considered running
the native windows python out of cygwin? I used to have the python that
comes with the cygwin installation, but ran several times into problems
with GUI base applications.

What I am doing now is have all python stuff installed as native windows
install and set the path accordingly so that I can call the interpreter
from the cygwin command line.

There might be some short comings with this way I haven't thought about
or ran into yet, but so far (for two years) I haven't run into any
problems with that.

Using this way I have developed some small GUI applications with wxPython.

Guenter