To circumvent the bug cp1252

Do Re Mi chel La Si Do enleverlesO.OmcO at OmclaveauO.com
Sun May 15 07:51:25 EDT 2005

Hi !

*** for information ***

There is a bug in Python 2.4, worsened with the 2.4.1, for scripts, if they
are:
  - large
  - with larges lines
  - prefixed (coded) with   # -*- coding: cp1252 -*-
  - on windows (XP & S2003)
  - perhaps, also, other conditions...

This bug announces, wrongly, of the non-existent errors of syntax, blocks
the generation of the programmable interface of the servers-COM, with Pywin,
etc.

But I found a means of circumventing the problem:  it is enough to encoder
scripts in utf-8, and to prefix them with   # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
(with that, all the problems disappear)

And, I can, finally, use version 2.4.1    -   Yeah !

@-salutations

Michel Claveau