Python Args By Reference

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue May 10 20:05:01 EDT 2005

On 2005-05-10, ncf <nothingcanfulfill at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all, I was wondering if there was any way to pass arguments
> (integer and such) by reference (address of), rather than by value.

Yes.  All arguments are passed by reference.  This must be in
the FAQ somewhere...

Sure enough.  30 seconds of browsing the FAQ yielded this:

http://www.python.org/doc/faq/programming.html#how-do-i-write-a-function-with-output-parameters-call-by-reference

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Wow! Look!! A stray
                                  at               meatball!! Let's interview