Is Python suitable for a huge, enterprise size app?

Paul Rubin http
Mon May 23 05:56:35 EDT 2005

Antoon Pardon <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> writes:
> Well nothing. But how do you want to return memory back
> to the O.S. when the residual memory use isn't compact
> and evenly spread across the address space?

All large-scale language implementations with automatic storage
management that I know of use compacting storage schemes, e.g. copying
garbage collectors (maybe generational, multi-threaded/realtime, or
whatever).  I think Python will have to do the same, sooner or later.