Does the Python/C interface support Queue objects?

scott.manton at gmail.com scott.manton at gmail.com
Thu May 5 12:07:16 EDT 2005

I'm a new user of the Python C interface.  I would like to know if it
is possible  to put items on a standard python Queue  object in C, and
pop them from Python.  Does the Python/C interface support Queue
objects?

A little background.  I made a C dll that sets up a thread for
collecting data from an NI data aquisition card.  The thread builds a
list and passes the list to to python via a callback, then python puts
them in the Queue.   I would prefer to put the data in the Queue from
the C thread for efficiency,  and then monitor the Queue from python.