win32com and ADO

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed May 11 14:45:30 EDT 2005

Chris Curvey wrote:
> I'm having one of those weeks.
>
> I have this pattern all over my code.
>
> result = conn.execute("select * from foo")
>
> while not result.EOF:
>     doSomething()
>     result.MoveNext()
>
> So recently I got around to running makepy on all of the Microsoft
> ActiveX Data Objects, and now every call to that pattern is returning:
>
> 'tuple' object has no attribute EOF
>
> can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to be using EOF?

There are case sensitivity differences with and without makepy.  I think
after makepy you have to respect the case of all names, so check for Eof
or eof or something.

> can anyone point me to the file that has the function lists?
>
> can anyone tell me how to undo what I've done?

Remove the files created by makepy.  I forget where they exist but
they're not hard to find (check the makepy source if nothing else).

-Peter