socket error on windows, working fine on mac

Heiko Wundram modelnine at ceosg.de
Mon May 2 03:06:55 EDT 2005

Am Montag, 2. Mai 2005 04:35 schrieb Thomas:
> I am getting socket error for large file transfer on windows (100MB+)

Get an operating system... :-)

No, seriously, I think that the problem might be that WinSock doesn't block
the sending process while it can't send out the data. Thus: the internal
send-buffer of WinSock overflows at some point when the receiver can't accept
data as quickly as the sending process puts it in the queue and data starts
to accumulate at the sending end.

You might try using select to make sure the socket is writable when sending
data to it. select also works under Windows, but only on sockets.

This is all just an educated guess...

--
--- Heiko.
listening to: Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah