Is Python suitable for a huge, enterprise size app?

Ellinghaus, Lance lance.ellinghaus at eds.com
Thu May 19 08:41:56 EDT 2005

That is why you can distribute only the .pyc files and not the .py
files. This would be like distributing the .class files and not giving
out the .java files.

I had this issue at a company in the late 1980's and why I submitted the
patches to make Python not require the .py files if the .pyc files
existed.
Now days, you can go one step further and zip up the .pyc files into a
single zip file and distribute that instead of individual .pyc files.

If you really want to go further, you can also modify the module loading
code and encrypt the .pyc files when they are generated from the .py
files. Your module loading code can then decrypt the .pyc files at load
time.

Lance Ellinghaus
I speak for myself and not for the company I work for.