Python Documentation (should be better?)

George Sakkis gsakkis at rutgers.edu
Wed May 11 16:45:41 EDT 2005

> Cuz I think the Language Reference is really more of a grammer
reference and
> far too technical to look up simple things like "how to declare a
> function".
>
> I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is no manual (for the
language
> itself, not the modules).  There is just the tutorial that serves as
the
> manual.  I think it should evolve into a manual that is more
comprehensive
> and organized more like other programming manuals (chapter on control
> structures, functions, classes, inheritance, etc).

If what you miss mostly is a quick way to look up language features,
modules and APIs, the python quick reference is an excellent starting
point, especially for someone new to the language:
http://rgruet.free.fr/PQR24/PQR2.4.html (also linked from
http://www.python.org/doc/ along with other doc sources). It's
available in pdf as well.

George