Is Python suitable for a huge, enterprise size app?

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Wed May 18 17:32:23 EDT 2005

George Sakkis wrote:
> Personally, although I find nothing comes close to the clarity and
> flexibility that python offers, in this case I would go with java, if
> for nothing else, to be on the safe side. Think about it: if the
> project fails (and that's quite likely for huge projects, not dark
> humour) and you've done it in python, everyone will blame python and
> you who chose it; java OTOH belongs in the realm of "standard business
> practices", so in a way "it's ok" to screw up, you did what everybody
> else does. Yet another failed java enterprise project, nothing to see
> here.

lol - I got a kick out of this post and I agree with it: *if* you're pretty sure
the project will ultimately fail, and you're planning for the best way to point
fingers and avoid the ax when it happens, then by all means, Java is the right
way to go. Java is the new "nobody ever got fired for buying IBM".

-Dave