plotting with Python

Rolf Wester rolf.wester at ilt.fraunhofer.de
Mon May 30 06:28:15 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a Python console application that is intended to be used
interactively and I have to add plotting capabilities (multiple XY plots
and if possible 2D-surface plots). I'm loocking for a reasonably fast
plotting library (not GPL'ed, needs not be for free) that can be used
under Windows. An alternative would also be a standalone application
that can be controlled via TCP/IP from my Python application. I tried
matplotlib but this is not fast enough (especially under Windows). I
considered PyQwt but this is GPL'ed. So I would be very appreciative for
any help.

With kind regards

Rolf Wester