Python Documentation (vs PHP stuff)

James Carroll mrmaple at gmail.com
Thu May 12 09:09:26 EDT 2005

> > Conclusion 1: if PHP is anything as awful as the manual, it is not for me.
>
> the whole idea that turning the manual into a wiki or a forum will solve all
> problems is extremely naive.

Wha?

I haven't done PHP for a couple of years, but when I really needed
documentation, the PHP docs were well organized, and told me exactly
what I needed, and when I didn't find it in the official part of the
docs, invariably someone had run into the same problem I had and
posted the solution at the end of the docs page.  It really is great
when you are actually doing PHP and it's your main resource.  Even if
you're just critisizing something that you're vaguely familliar with,
for the fun of it, you're not actually critisizing it as much as
calling it poo poo without any real world examples of why it "is
extremely naive" or what would work better...

One of the things I like about the python list is that it generally
has a high signal to noise ratio, but this is just noise...

-Jim